Exit

Printed documentation does not follow selected style sheet

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using RoboHelp 2017 (13.0.2.334).

When I create a Word output, the output does not follow the style sheet that I selected.

For example, it changes all of the body text from Verdana to Times New Roman.

Even if I select 'Use the project's CSS styles', the font is Times New Roman, not Verdana as used in the online output.

I have used the same style sheet for years, and the last time I created Word output (November 2018), it worked correctly.

Do you have any ideas what could have changed or what I can check to fix this?

Thanks,

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last page of the print dialog, you have tried selecting your project CSS and Use the Project's CSS, correct?

I think the quickest solution might be to create a new print layout, not a duplicate. Initially ignore getting all the same settings, just test the styles are correct.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I still couldn't get it to print correctly. I contacted Adobe Support and am working with them. If we get a resolution, I will post again. Thanks as always for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also post back if you do not get a solution. Sometimes a bit more digging or looking at the project can come up with something not in their armoury.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to resurrect this old post, but I was having a similar problem in Robohelp 2020.8.34. Generating a Word file from Robohelp did not follow the Word styles and changed a lot of my Verdana headings and Arial body text to Times New Roman.

I made a new Word Output Preset and changed the settings one by one and found that as soon as I selected a Word Template, that is when the Times New Roman started appearing. This template had been working and the styles I was using from it were not Times New Roman. However, I went ahead and re-created the Word Template .dotx file from scratch with the desired styles. Using this new Word Template in the RH output preset succeeded and the Times New Roman is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@gjg097 Thanks for posting that. It may encourage someone else with the issue to try a new template.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp