• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Indigo HTML5 Responsive layout Print dialog Box

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The box is not closing after pressing Print button until second try. This is intermittent. After second press it will close but prints two docs. Anyone run into this and have a workaround? BTW, this is in Explorer as it is the browser used only for users...

Thanks, Jeff K.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp and which version of IE.

I just tried from 2017 and the print icon in that layout simply calls the Windows print dialog after which things are outside the control of RoboHelp. The dialog works fine for me in IE11.

There is one something else that could have an effect but that would depend on your version.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are having a similar issue where it can take two or more attempts at clicking Cancel on the print dialog to close it. We're not having the issue of printing two copies. Here are the details:

• The issue occurs in Responsive HTML5 output created in and generated with RH 2019.0.14.
  • It occurs in both Chrome and Edge.
  • It occurs in a random sample of topics.
  • It DOES NOT occur in a Responsive HTML5 output (of another project) created in and generated with RH 2019 Classic.(both projects are hosted on Azure).
  • I imported the skin from the Classic project that doesn't have the issue into the project in question, and the issue still occurred. So it doesn't seem to be the skin.

I appreciate any ideas or trouble-shooting suggestions. Thanks!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sorry for the double-post, but i used the wrong Reply button)

Hello,

We are having a similar issue where it can take two or more attempts at clicking Cancel on the print dialog to close it. We're not having the issue of printing two copies. Here are the details:

• The issue occurs in Responsive HTML5 output created in and generated with RH 2019.0.14.
  • It occurs in both Chrome and Edge.
  • It occurs in a random sample of topics.
  • It DOES NOT occur in a Responsive HTML5 output (of another project) created in and generated with RH 2019 Classic.(both projects are hosted on Azure).
  • I imported the skin from the Classic project that doesn't have the issue into the project in question, and the issue still occurred. So it doesn't seem to be the skin.

I appreciate any ideas or trouble-shooting suggestions. Thanks!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue button is preferred but no need to repost if you do use the other one.

My understanding is you have clicked the print button in the skin and that has opened the browser's print dialog. Once that comes up if you cannot cancel it is an issue with the browser, not RoboHelp.

Please correct if that is not the case and include a screenshot of the dialog. Use the photo icon to add the screenshot.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response! It does appear that clicking the print icon in the skin launches the print dialog from the browser. However, I don't understand why the output of one project works correctly 100% of the time (15-20 random topics tested), regardless of which browser I use, while the project in question works 100% incorrectly (15-20 random topics tested), no matter which browser I use. 

Any ideas?

Dawn2021-08-12_14-09-05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The honest answer is I have no idea why one project is having this problem. Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offer of taking a look at the project, Peter, but our security protocols don't permit me to share files externally.

We've had other issues with this project, which may be related to the fact that the former tech writer lost the source files at one point and recreated the project by importing the HTML5 files back into the project. Just a hunch. Thanks, again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would certainly screw things up royally. If you import output files there is a lot of cleanup and like you I would suspect that is the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp