Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Segoe UI in graphics caption

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with converting captions from FrameMaker to RoboHelp. The characters look fine in FrameMaker, but once converted into a graphic by RoboHelp, some of the Polish and Spanish accented characters don’t display properly.  I normally insert a caption with an image within an anchored frame and apply Segoe UI font to this capture. Once it's converted by RoboHelp, Polish and Spanish characters don't display properly anymore. We use Distiller to convert FM->RH. Using Distiller to create a PDF works fine, so this must be a RH bug. Has anyone else had the same problem? I wouldn't like to use any workarounds, but right now the outcome is pretty poor in a browser. Captions are almost illegible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Robohelp are you using? If RH2019 is it Classic or New UI? Which output are you generating? Do the characters display okay in Robohelp and the problem is just with the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I see what you mean from that graphic. Unfortunately it looks like a number of people have encountered the issue without discovering a workaround. If you haven't voted for the issue, please do.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only an Adobe employee could answer that I'm afraid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using Adobe Technical Suit 2017. I'm generating an index.htm, which we use for our online help system. Polish characters display correctly in FrameMaker, also after conversion to PDF, but they are corrupted in RoboHelp and also in RoboHelp output. It refers to some of Polish characters with accents (e.g. "ą"), not all of them. Some of Polish accents display correctly (such as "ż", "ś"). This issue occurs not only with Polish characters, but also with Spanish. It has been described more widely in Adobe Issue Trucker: RH-4804.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll do this. Is there any chance that this bug will be fixed soon? It makes captions really illegible sometimes and we receive complaints from our users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate suggesting this but is it just this font? Desirable as it may be to you, could you not live with another font until the bug is fixed?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it might seem as an obvious solution. That's why we tried some experiments using the Arial font, but some accented characters still didn’t display correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I can only suggest you add a comment to the bug if you haven't already to make it clear this is still an issue and not confined to the one font.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp