Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project created in RoboHelp 2020.7 will not open after app update to 2020.8

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I authored a project in the just-previous version of RoboHelp, and upon updating the application to the current version my project will not open. On first attempt it said the project needed to be upgraded, and after that it never loads. It hangs perpetually on "Reading Files".

I'm currently downloading a previous version of Robo to see if rolling back will help - but any advice from the community will be most appreciated. I'm very, *very* stuck at this point.

Installed version is 2020.8.34. Windows 10 machine.

Best regards - and thanks in advance!

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your projects located? On a network drive or on your C drive? If on C, are they in your Documents folder, or in a custom folder directly off C drive? Do you have source control involved at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr. I don't think I have source control involved. The project files are in a custom folder on my C drive.

Just to be complete about my actions, I've since downgraded RoboHelp to 2020.7 and my backup functions as it should.

Regards,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad your backup is working. 🙂

For upgrading, the reason I was asking about where the project is located is because it's possible network slowness or cloud sync functions could be interferring. Cloud locations can include your Documents/My Document/Desktop folders. They look like normal C drive folders but behind the scenes are network or cloud locations. To rule out those issues, you could try upgrading a copy that is located somewhere that is definitely outside these folders, such as "c:\myproject".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is potentially good advice. My organisation uses OneDrive, and although the files I'm using are definitely living locally there may be some interference from backup/uploading from OneDrive. I'm going to stick with my 2020.7 version right now though, so won't be able to test if this is the case. In the new year, I'll attempt a Robo update with a different physical machine and test these scenarios.

Thanks again for your help!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp