• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Function in Robo Help 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Robo Help and attempting to use the Robo Help publish function to place my files on a server to test.  Several of the projects I am working with were created prior to Robo Help 2019.  I have updated with no issues but when I go to publish I can't find any preexisting publish profiles.  Does that mean that prior the files were probably copied to the correct location and not published?  Also, to my understanding Generate is used to test locally and Publish is used to deploy the files.  Is that understanding correct?  Lastly when Help is called does Robo Help add any additional parameters to the pathname that are displayed in the URL?  I have read the Publish section in the User's Manual but if anyone has addtional references to suggest, please do so.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RH2019 Classic or New UI?
Generate creates the output files; Publish does both generation & copying them to another destination (usually a webserver) - just like an FTP client).
Calling the output (called CSH - Context Sensitive Help) depends on the type of output and the method being used. Check out Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) for an awesome set of reference material about RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the publish function exist prior to Robo Help 2019?  I can't find any existing publish presets in the code I inherited.  Am I to assume they simply copied the project to the location in order to deploy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish function? Been around for a dog's age in RH. I never bothered using it - I always generate and copy to where I need my help output deployed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure without checking whether publish details do upgrade. It's quick and easy to create one. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp