• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing single Helpfiles to the RoboServer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you publish single helpfiles to the RoboServer instead of all of them or just those updated since the last publish date?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Generally speaking, that's the way Publishing should work. Only the changed files should be published.

Are you working with the RoboHelp Server product? I know that you said "RoboServer" but often folks confuse a basic web server with the RoboHelp Server.

Are you using the publishing options as shown below? If so, ensure Republish All is NOT selected.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I understand all that I do not have the Republish All checked as you show above.  However, that will still publish everything I have done since the last publishing date.  My question is, with RH10, is there a way to ONLY Publish a certain helpfile?  Say I need to publish one helpfile ASAP, but other changes I have made and saved are not ready to publish, can I just publish that one single helpfile and not all changes I have made?

Thanks!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is that you cannot publish just one topic using RoboHelp, you would need to use an FTP app such as FileZilla.

That would not of course update your search for example so a term in the old topic but not the new one will still return the topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issues because I have multiple development teams contributing to the same help file in an Agile environment so some information is ready to release while some is not.

I use conditional build tags to control the information that is released on any given cycle. It could be as simple as a tag that says "Not released" or as complicated as a feature name that spans topics, TOC entries, etc. Then I exclude what is not relevant for this particular release, generate based on that, and publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used conditional tags within Robohelp.  I primarily use the HIDE tag to hide new helpfiles I am working on that are not ready to publish.  Then I remove the tag when I am ready to publish them.  This works for WHOLE helpfiles, however, I have approximately 700 helpfiles I maintain in one system that I review monthly based on a last reviewed date.  So on any given month I could be reviewing and updating 30 to 50 helpfiles.  Most of these changes are minor, but once I review, I have to send to my superiors to review and then sign-off on the changes.  So this month I ran into where a helpfile needed a change ASAP due to a system change that warranted I make the update and publish off of my normal schedule of once a month.  I had other helpfiles still in the review and sign off process so I need to publish just that ONE helpfile.  So to go through and use conditional tags on multiple helpfiles to "hide" the changes would not work in my environment.

I do appreciate the help though!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp