• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing webhelp in google docs?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out if it would be feasible to publish in google docs. I've tried just posting, but it didn't work. Read several things, but not really finding anything useful.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I can put it on our external website if necessary, but then quick updates are not possible. If I can use google docs somehow, it would give me a lot of flexibility.

Currently using RoboHelp 7, but will be upgrading to 10 shortly

Many thanks as always,

Anahid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Actually, it seems that you can. See this Google apps developer blog: http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.nl/2012/11/announcing-google-drive-site-publishing.html

But I don't know whether Google's policies allow you to host help for commercial applications on free plans. So be sure to check the Google drive policies: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Docs is not the same as a web server so help will not work there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it seems that you can. See this Google apps developer blog: http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.nl/2012/11/announcing-google-drive-site-publishing.html

But I don't know whether Google's policies allow you to host help for commercial applications on free plans. So be sure to check the Google drive policies: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected. Thanks Willam. I hadn't seen that change.

@Anahid. It would be helpful if you would report back later whether this worked and whether you had to pay for commercial use.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much!

We are using Google Apps, which is the corporate version of gmail. As I have a total of 15 hours of meetings today and tomorrow, I may not get a chance to work on this till Friday or the weekend, but I will definitely give it a shot and post the results

Once again, this community has provided the answer I need. You are amazing

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@anahidma

Did you have any success with this?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp