• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Adding Alt Text to Skin Icons

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp Reimagined 2019 and attempting to use a version of the Orange output skin for my project. I am trying to reduce/remove errors and alerts in my browser for accessibility purposes and I do not know how to add alternate text to the images that are used in the skin. In the skin editor, I've tested different options to see if I could type the text into the "Content" field but that did not seem to appear when I was running my accessibility testing plug-in (Wave) on Chrome when viewing the output. Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will see what I can find out on this one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the reply I received from Adobe.

"In skin, images are not used as a “image” but as icons which represent an action (e.g. search, download pdf, etc.). All icons are used as background of either a button or a link, which have a title or aria-label attribute set to be used by assistive technologies, though this is only implemented in RH2020, so user will need to update the RoboHelp.

One instance where I see we can use “alt text” property will be the banner on homepage but for now we don’t have a way to provide this information, other instances or either a button or a link.

Also if user is using images in in topics, then he/she will have to provide alt text from the properties panel in author view."

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp