Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Überschrift 1" not recognized when importing Word document

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,Missing "Überschrift 1"Missing "Überschrift 1"

I'm using RoboHelp 2019.0.10 (with the new GUI) in German. I try to import a Word document. New topics shall be created when text in the Word document is formatted with the style "Überschrift 1", which means "Heading 1". When importing the Word document, RoboHelp does not recognize "Überschrift 1" but only "Heading 1". Compare the image WordImportProblem.png. I select the option "Neues Thema aus Format starten" (means: Start new topic with style) and select "Heading 1".

When importing my document RoboHelp does not recognize any "Heading 1" styles and does not create new topics. The reason may be: There is no style with the name "Heading 1" in my document, only "Überschrift 1".

The German Word edition always uses internally the name "Überschrift 1" for "Heading 1". I cannot change this. When RoboHelp is not able to recognize this quite important style, how can I use RoboHelp for importing Word documents?

THX

Matthias Lohrer

RedML.de

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't offer the answer you need but am trying to get some information. However, that will be tomorrow at best.

You say it does not create new topics. Do you mean nothing is created or that just one topic gets created?

Have you tried importing without selecting a style there to see if it will at least import as one topic? I realise that is not what you want but depending on the urgency, maybe that would get something into your project.

There is another workaround that is a not elegant but might work. From what I can make out bearing in mind I don't speak German, it looks like many other styles are recognised, it's this heading style that is giving grief.

1. Create a style whose name does not include any umlauts etc.
  2. In Word's toolbar bottom left of the styles in the toolbar there is an arrow that opens the style pod.
  3. Click in a Überschrift 1 in the document and then right click that style in the pod.
  4. There is an option to select all instances of Überschrift 1. Do that and then apply the new style. Try importing with that.

Yes I do realise it's horrible and not a long term solution. I am just trying to get things working pending a proper answer.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,
Thank you very much for your answer.
RoboHelp creates one topic that contains the complete Word document. Additionally RH creates bookmarks where "Überschrift 1" occurs. Compare the attached screenshot WordImportProblem2.png

The same happens when I do not choose any style at all for creating new topics.
Regards
Matthias Lohrer
WordImportProblem2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have looked at this and are not reproducing the problem with the document they have created. Could you send me the document so that I can relay it on to them for further investigation? See the Contact page on my site. It's OK to attach the document in this case.

Also please see your Private Messages (top right of window).

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matthias

Can you please try to switch off the "Convert word lists to html lists" option in the Advanced tab of the import dialog and then select "Heading 1" from the styles list to break into topics.

Thanks

Dhruv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dhruv

Yes, this worked. Now new topics have been created for each "Heading 1" paragraph.

Thank you very much for your help.

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp