• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Display results with all search words" > change color of text?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

In HTML5 output, below the Search box (both the one in the top far right of the screen, and the one in the left navigation pane (pictured below), there is the following text: "Display search words with all search words." 

Can anyone tell me how to change the color of that text?

Also, can I change the wording of that text?

Thanks,

Mark

Here, the text is black, so it's barely visible:

Here, I've simply highlighted the text with my cursor. This is the text whose color I want to change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Unfortunately in the world of Responsive HTML 5, things aren't as cut and dried as one would hope. Likely you will need to take this a step further and tell us which of the Responsive HTML 5 layouts you are using. Also, what version of RoboHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to mess with the wording in the LNG file - depending on your version, you can access it via the Project Settings > Advanced button (beside the Language field) - then pick the LNG File tab. There's a [Responsive] section of terminology that you can play with. Looks like your "Display results with all search words" bit is handled by the "EnableAndSearch=" line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice catch Jeff! Somehow I managed to overlook that part of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one drove me nuts. Here's the solution.

In the layout.css file, go about two thirds of the way through the file.

There was no color specified for that line, so I added a line of code.

-- Mark Thiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for missing this one. That's a neat solution so why am I posting another one? Well it was given to me by someone involved in creating the layout.css so it may be that there is a reason for him giving me an alternative solution. If you find that some browser does not play nicely with your simpler solution, add this at the end of the layout.css file instead, changing the colour to whatever value you want including hex or rgb.

::-webkit-input-placeholder { /* Chrome/Opera/Safari */

color: pink;

}

::-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 19+ */

}

:-ms-input-placeholder { /* IE 10+ */

}

:-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */

}

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution seems simpler to me. I don't know anything about coding. Finding the solution was murder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I have the exact same issue in RoboHelp 2015, with the standard grey HTML5 screen layout. Tried both of these solutions and neither one worked. Any ideas why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out. Line item in 2015 was named differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp