• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Index" seems to have to different functions?

Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ikke-navngivet-2.png

I have trouble understanding how "Index" works in RoboHelp 2019.

Index can be accessed

1: as a panel on the left and

2: as a dropdow under Topics Properties.

When I open a topic and copy-paste a word into the index panel on the left side and an add it to the Index it appears with a keyword icon. Now - according to the User Manual this new index word is supposed to also appear in the Topics Properties on the right side. Only it does not.

IF I use Topics Properties and the Index dropdown to add my index words, my Index words appear correctly in the index on the left with an icon and a link to the topic.

When I publish to html5, only the index word which have a link to a topic comes along to the index pane i HTML5. The words I put in the index on the left are gone. They do not even appear when searching the index in HTML5.

This seems like an inconsistency to me. I suppose there is a deeper meaning but I can't figure out what that is. Also I wonder why it is not possible to right click a word and add it to Index. It seems unecessary to copy paste it into a index window?

Have I misunderstood everything here?

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you add a keyword in the left index panel are you also associating it with a topic? Click the twisty next to the keyword.

Take a look in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project for an explanation of this and many other features.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp