• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Invalid destination path" when publishing, but output is still published.

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Bit confused as to whether this is an issue or not.

After generating my output, I go to publish and after a few seconds of publishing a message pops up, saying "[Publishing ProfileName]: Invalid destination path." However, when I check the published output, it looks like it successfully published the updated version of the output (i.e. all changes made before generation/publish are present); I checked the path and re-selected the upload location, but am still receiving the error message.

So far, there hasn't been any noticeable consequences, but it's a bit annoying and I don't want any issues to crop up later. Anyone know why this is happening (or how to make it stop)?

Additionally: this is not an error message resulting from the publishing and generation destination being the same. These are different paths, and this hasn't been an issue for other projects published to the same network.

Thanks for any insight to this!

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you're publishing to a network drive, it could be caused by a flaky network connection, although in that case I'd expect some difference between some of the generated files and the published files (you'd need to use a file comparison tool to know for sure, depending on where the publish was up to it might be behind the scenes files you can't easily check by eye). Perhaps your network engineers might be able to check things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp