• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Parameter is incorrect" error

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to onboard a new joiner on RH HTML  2017 (as part of TCS). The entire department of ~20 people has been using this version successfully since release and previous versions since 2010, but the new joiner gets a "Parameter is incorrect" error when she tries to open the printed documentation dialog. After the error, the window does open, but all the fields (conditional build expression, TOC, glossary etc) are blank. The Generate Word DOC field either displays .doc or is blank as well. (All the other team members also have the docx option.)

Environment:

• TCS 2017 on Windows 7
  • OS deployed by IT
  • TCS installed manually by us
  • Admin rights on our own machines.
  • All the files are local, nothing networked.
  • We use SVN, but the crash happens for projects outside source control too.
  • The crash replicates for the RH samples as well.
  • The crash replicates in RH 2015 as well.

I consider myself fairly experienced with RH but this has been stumping me for 3 days! I am fairly sure the problem is with her machine, because she can open the Printed Documentation properties just fine when she remotes into my machine, but I get the error if I remote into hers.

At this point I am not really expecting a solution, just some further brainstorming. So far we have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling (several times).
  • Deleting her profile, uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • Getting a completely new computer, installing.
  • Downloading the kit again and installing.
  • Installing TCS 2015.
  • Deleting the cpd and pss.
  • Creating a new project.
  • Duplicating the layout, creating a new layout.
  • Changing the Word settings to allow all macros.
  • Disabling the antivirus.

None of these has been successful.

I will check with IT again on Monday, just in case something changed in their standard deployment in recent months... but last time I checked with them they were as confused as me (actually, more confused, since I do the tech support part for TCS and they are not usually involved). If anyone has any other ideas I will be happy to try!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp 10 is not supported on anything higher than Windows 7. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp