• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Script error being displayed when viewing the topic from WYSIWYG.

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting "file:///C:/Users/lija.nair/AppData/Local/Temp/~hhE9C7.htm" error while trying to print a pdf from chm. Please help.ScriptError.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different problem but have you tried the same solution?

This thread was originally a post in the thread at Re: Script error being displayed when viewing the topic from WYSIWYG. It has been moved as it relates to CHM files and the solution there was not relevant.

Create a backup first. I always recommend creating the backup as a zip file. That prevents you opening it accidentally and working on it before you realise it was the backup. This way you always have a clean backup that can be used to create a new clean copy time after time.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i tried. I am still getting the same error. I have created a back up too..

I get this error, when i try to print a topic with its subtopics. There are 12 topics in CHM and only one topic (along with subtopic) is throwing this error.

The print seems to work fine, when I click on yes or no. Nevertheless such script error would irritate the customers. Requesting help me to solve this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you print, it should only print the one topic. What are you doing to make it try to print more than one topic? Are you trying to print a book? Do other books print OK?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print a book ("Lookups")

When i try to print other books. it is printing without any error.ScriptError1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the other books have more than one topic?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Introduction has 11 topics, Getting Started has 4 topics.

Adding Information has 12 topics. All the above gets printed without any error. 

Lookups has 15 topics. I get error message when i try to print Lookups (i.e. the complete "Lookup" book) or when i try to print individual topics under lookups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what to suggest next. Can you share the project with me?

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the issue related to Robohelp file (Book/topics within the book) or CHM or PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the issue is with the CHM. First place to look is the header section of some topics where it works and some where it doesn't.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I created the book again and added all the topics. Now i could generate the PDF without error.

Also i found that one topic which was added earlier had no content in it. so i deleted it from the book.

I am not sure if i was getting error because of that one topic.

Thank you Peter..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt the blank page was the issue of itself but clearly you lost the bit of code causing the problem by reworking things. Glad it's fixed.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue in another CHM file. 4 topics had similar issue:

Sol: I created a book and added topic one by one. Generated CHM and tried taking the print out. By doing this, we can find the topic because of which we are getting this error.

1. Book 1 - Deleted the topic which had no content in it.

2. Book 2 and Book 3 - Deleted the table (nested). Added the content as bullet points. Also fixed few hyperlinks which was not working.

3. Book 4 -  One of topic was repeating i.e. the topic was there in the Book2 and Book4. So i deleted the topic from Book4 and added hyperlink which navigates to Book 2.

So, we will get script error if the topic is

• repeated in the TOC (i.e. same topic is added in 2 books)
  • if we add empty topic inside a book
  • if there is a nested table in any topic.

right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not aware of those specifics but CHMs were not used much where I worked.

The first one surprises me unless one book was a sub-book. The same with the empty topic assuming the rest of the code (header etc) is good. Also the nested table feels more like a PDF issue but maybe that gets caught by the script.

Overall, what you have found doesn't feel like the right answer but if those things fix the problem...

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp