• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ready to get my hands dirty with SCSS, but...

Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've finally upgraded from RH10 to RH2017. Woot

I've set up my screen layout (Charcoal Grey), but there are some elements that I understand I'll need to get into the SCSS to change. I've watched Willam's "Get Geeky with SCSS" webinar, which was very helpful. But I have a total newbie question:

Does making changes in the SCSS overwrite changes made in the RH layout editor? I think they both write to the same layout.css - what is best approach?

Thanks,

Laurie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RH Layout Editor updates the CSS files of the layout. If you dabble in SCSS, it will overwrite any changes made in the RH Layout editor. It's easier to stick with the SCSS as you can define the colours there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam, that's what I thought. I'm not a CSS expert by any means - would it be ok to make the customizations that have to be done via the SCSS and generate the layout.css first, then use the RH editor to further tweak it for things other than colours and images, e.g. behaviours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The method you propose will work. The RH Layout editor simply changes the CSS file (and the usersettings.js for behaviours). If you generate the CSS first, you can then use the RH Layout editor. Just note that if you regenerate the CSS file, your changes from the RH editor will be overwritten.

One note: The RH Editor works by identifying the correct CSS selectors. It contains a list of the CSS selectors and properties it needs to change for a certain colour to take effect. If you dabble in the SCSS, please leave all the selectors (like body.media-mobile div) intact. If you change the existing ones, the RH editor may no longer find all occurences of a colour. You can add additional selectors without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp