• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving the message, "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator."

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 2015 and generating WebHelp output.  Our administrator asked us to move our version control files to a new server.  During this process, I was able to move several smaller projects with no problem.  When attempting to move our main (largest) project, I received the message, "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator."  I understand the administrator can increase the limit (which I think is 5,000 by default).  Has anyone else encountered this message?  If yes, did you find any solutions other than--or in addition to--raising the SharePoint threshold limit that still involved using SharePoint for RH version control?

Related questions: Is it possible to limit the files RoboHelp adds to version control when adding a project to version control?  If yes, how?  Are there any drawbacks to deleting from a project all but one skin, only the screen layout(s) being used for the project, etc.?  Can RH projects be set up to "share" a single set of Master Pages, Skins, Screen Profiles, etc., so that Version Control only counts them once but without having to combine all the separate projects into one RH "project" and then conditionally build tagging everything to generate the separate projects from the single RH "project"?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We bumped into this issue when saving multiple projects in a single SharePoint library. The size of the files did not cause us any problems, but the quantity did. Each project was running between 2500 and 3500 files.

Our solution was to use multiple libraries. One for each project. The impact to the site collection was minimal, but it put us well under the 5000 files limit imposed by SharePoint.

One caveat though, when we moved the project from one library to another, the version control choked. We ended up having to break version control and add it new. We lost our previous versions, but this seemed to be our only option.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp