Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Green skin RoboHelp 2020: changing functionbar and sidebar colors

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'd like to customize the Red Green skin in  RoboHelp 2020. I changed the colors of the functionbar and sidebar. The changes are displayed as expected in the skin preview, but aren't applied in the output. I cleared the cache and tried different browsers but the results are the same; the changes don't seem to have been applied. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected the correct skin in your output preset? And are you generating a Responsive HTML5 output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amebr; yes to both questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the colour showing up when you run the generated output from your C drive or only after you upload to a web server?

If it's only on the server it might suggest particularly sticky caching and you might need to speak to your server administrator to change things and/or flush the server cache rather than just your browser.

If it's when you run the output from your C drive then I'm not sure what to suggest. It sort of sounds like the change hasn't been made/saved. I don't have a copy of RH2020 just now to check, but I can try tonight to see if it could be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I'm wondering if it might be a bug. The changes to the sidebar and function bar colors and header font aren't displayed after saving the skin and generating output from the C drive. (I cleared the local cache and also chose to view the output with a different browser.) In addition, in the RoboHelp preview, the sidebar and functionbar appear at hte top of screen horizontally immediately under the header bar, but in the output they appear stacked vertically on the left side. Quite puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, the positioning suggests you might be encountering the 'responsive' part of responsive html. What happens if you resize the browser larger or smaller?

Also, post a screenshot of the preview and what you see when you open the browser. Use the Insert Photo icon so the images are inline with the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr ā€”thanks for the message,

Attached are screen shots of the browser and the preview. When the browser is resized to smaller dimensions, the sidebar and functionbar move from the left vertical stacked position to a top horizontal position, and the top header bar is removed from viewā€”I see your point about the dynamic resizing. When the browser is fully sized, we were hoping to have the sidebar and functionbar remain under the headerbar as shown in the preview, but it seems that may not be possible. (By the way, can the preview panel be widenedā€¦or is it predefined for only the right third of the screen?)

Another challenge encountered with this Red Green skin is that changes to color, font, and title arenā€™t remaining applied after the skin is saved. In the preview, the sidebar and functionbar are displayed as light blue as desired, but in the browser itā€™s a dark slate blue. (The dark slate blue was a color that had been selected previously.) The header title font is in Calibri, but in the output it is shown in Arial. (The title is removed from the browser output screen shot.) In addition , the project was renamed and the new name shows in the TOC authoring view, but the old name is shown in the header bar output. (Again, the title is removed from the screen shot.)

Iā€™ve paused here for the time being before changing the icons and working with the logo. Suggestions welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing is the "tablet" size. If you want the regular desktop view to display for smaller browser windows, adjust the Merdia Query > Tablet maximum width to a smaller value. (In future, please use the Insert Photo icon in the toolbar, not the drag and drop box as it is much harder to open unknown attachments.)

I suspect the other issues you are seeing a related to the tablet and phone sizes as well. If the problems are corrected after you adjust the tablet maximum width, then that's probably a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the title, there are two titles. One under Edit > Project Settings, and one under the output preset General tab. Perhaps check both places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp