• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red x on a lot of topics in my robohelp15 project

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 2015 about 10 months ago from RoboHelp8.  Recently, our help project with over 900 topics opened with red x on a lot of topics.  No one has used explorer to delete or add topics.  My team went through the process of using broken links to reinstate the topics in the project.  It looked liked it worked, but the generated build to the RoboServer10 was a mess. 

I believe that I experienced this problem back in 2011 with  robohelp8

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/165870

this is the thread from that time

Back then, I was told to delete the .cpd file and .xpj and open with .hpp file, I believe.

Has anyone experienced this with 2015robohelp?  If you were able to resolve, I would certainly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Lana Johnson

Verint

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old bug was definitely fixed so this is something else.

What have you done so far? Have you tried just deleting the CPD, don't delete the XPJ for now? Have you checked that the files are still there by checking with File Explorer?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

The files are there using explorer. We have not tried deleting the .cpd yet. Will try that today and report back to this location. Appreciate the help.

Regards,

Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be safe but backup the project first.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the project has been backed up. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried your suggestion and deleted the .cpd file, but that didn't seem to help.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going to post this...

1] See Opening Projects on my site and try with the HHP file.

2] import the files back in. There is a very vague chance that importing a file in will fix the problem but I emphasise Very Vague.

... but then I saw in your first post you have already fixed the source, the issue is on RoboHelp Server.

If you generate WebHelp (not Pro as you would with RHS) is that OK?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp