Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove index from Microsoft HTML Help Robohelp 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to remove only the "Index"-button in Microsoft HTML Help in Robohelp 2019?

hjehje.PNG

With the new interface "TOC & Index" is put together in the Window-settings, so if I leave the box blank both of them disappears. Is there a way to delete "index" only?

piccc.PNG

Thankful for all the help I can get!

BR,

Kajsa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly doubtful - if killing off the index file (.hhk) doesn't do it, I'm not sure what would (it's such old technology now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOC and Index were combined in Classic versions.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just tested this in 2017 as well as 2019 and 2019 Classic.

I would personally call this a BUG in 2019. Because in 2017 and 2019 Classic (and presumably in other earlier versions) as long as there were no entries in the Index file, RoboHelp produced a CHM file with no Index tab.

Snag_1f57e109.png

Because of this, I think it should be reported to Adobe as a bug.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and if there were no entries in the TOC, it would be absent in the compiled CHM as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but that's a different thing. The post was about the two being a combined check box. I agree that if the underlying behaviour is different in 2019 it should be reported as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really need that Index tab to perform a disappearing act, I'm going to suggest you decompile the CHM and create a new project in the 2019 Classic version and add the content in. Then recompile and you should have what you want.

Oh, and this thread actually seems to reveal a secondary bug related to the Index in 2019. In earlier versions you had an option to choose between a Binary or Non-Binary Index. I was unable to find anywhere in the new beast to configure that.

Snag_1f7f98d2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is if there's a way to remove the Index-tab (so not the button, as I wrote before) in the compiled output. Just to clarify.

Cheers, 

Kajsa  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we understand what you want. The issue is that 2019 is not behaving in the way that Classic did so a bug report is needed.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright then 🙂

Thanks,

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever reported as a bug? I searched for it, but could not find anything. I need the same functionality in my projects for HTML help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hopeful it will be fixed in the next update which should be in the next month or so.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with reporting bugs, the website only replies with Error...

pic01.PNG

/K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't indicated how you are trying to access the bug reporting page. Try this link.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

If this issue is what you are trying to report, it's already reported and being worked on.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the link I used (and tried now again as well, but still doesn't works).

No I suposed this issue was already reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem must be at your end as I just tried the link from here and it is working as expected.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a different browser - that Tracker site seems to be sensitive to certain browsers (now, of course, I can't recall which ones).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I'll try another browser if I need to report a bug next time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp