• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

removing search bar from title bar

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am using RoboHelp 2017, Azure_Blue layout. I wanted to remove the search bar from the title bar (and keep the one in the side bar. After HOURS of trial and error, I finally found the fix. I commented out this section of code in layout.css:

/*body.media-desktop div.searchbar-extra { position: absolute; top: 2em; right: 2em; background: transparent; color: #000000 !important; -webkit-border-radius: 0.4em; -moz-border-radius: 0.4em; border-radius: 0.4em; padding: .4em .3em; background-color: #fcfcfc; box-shadow: 0.1rem 0.1rem 0.5rem #cccccc; z-index: 10; }

body.media-desktop div.searchbar-extra input.wSearchField { display: inline-block; font-size: 1.5em; height: 1.98em; width: 22em; padding: 0; padding-left: 1em; -webkit-border-radius: 0.2em; -moz-border-radius: 0.2em; border-radius: 0.2em; vertical-align: bottom; -o-transition-duration: 0.35s; -o-transition-timing-function: ease-out; -o-transition-property: width; -ms-transition-duration: 0.35s; -ms-transition-timing-function: ease-out; -ms-transition-property: width; -moz-transition-duration: 0.35s; -moz-transition-timing-function: ease-out; -moz-transition-property: width; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.35s; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-out; -webkit-transition-property: width; transition-duration: 0.35s; transition-timing-function: ease-out; transition-property: width; -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden; -moz-backface-visibility: hidden; -ms-backface-visibility: hidden; backface-visibility: hidden; -webkit-perspective: 1000; -moz-perspective: 1000; -ms-perspective: 1000; perspective: 1000; }*/

I've also added the company logo where the search bar used to be. Unfortunately the function bar in the left page shares code with the title bar (?), so the logo appears in both places. But I can live with that.

Just sharing in case anyone else is banging their head on the desk trying to figure it out!

Capture.PNG

Enjoy!

Karla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the "Charcoal_Grey" theme but because you shared your knowledge, I was able to find the CSS definitions in layout.css I think I would need to comment out to if I wanted to duplicate your end result. I didn't try it, but I found 10 CSS definitions for "body.media-desktop div.searchbar" in the layout.css file in my C:\RH\DRM\!ScreenLayout!\Charcoal_Grey directory. Appreciate that you took the time to share your information.

Paul Hanson

Senior Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp