• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resource Manager - unsync doesn't remove icon from topic

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally had a few topics synced to an external folder at a shared location.  I no longer wanted to sync the topics, so I deleted them from Resource Manager.  A blue sync icon remains on each topic in Project Manager.  Not sure if this means the topics still have sync properties. What is the process for 'un'syncing a topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Hmmm, that's an odd icon that has been superimposed there. If you look at the properties, is anything different about this topic? I'm wondering if the icon isn't really related to Resource Manager. As far as I've ever been able to discern, there are only two overlays I've encountered. One is a green check mark and the other is a red X to indicate whether you are in sync or not.

2.png

Your image seems to show a blue squiggly icon...

3.png

I've pinged Adobe to see what this icon means and to see if they can tel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps using Right-click?

2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the topic is not linked (I don't have a 'Remove Link' option).  I was wondering why (if the topic is not linked/synced) does it still have a blue icon that looks like it remains related in Resource Manager.RHcommunity_unsync.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, that's an odd icon that has been superimposed there. If you look at the properties, is anything different about this topic? I'm wondering if the icon isn't really related to Resource Manager. As far as I've ever been able to discern, there are only two overlays I've encountered. One is a green check mark and the other is a red X to indicate whether you are in sync or not.

2.png

Your image seems to show a blue squiggly icon...

3.png

I've pinged Adobe to see what this icon means and to see if they can tell us how to banish it.

In the mean time, perhaps you can try clearing the CPD and see if that changes anything. If you aren't sure about how to clear the CPD, I have a video that will show you how to do it.

Click here to see the video

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This blue icon usually indicates a file which is referred from a synced file, but is actually not part of the project. I'll try to clarify this:

File A in resource manager includes a link to file B

I add File A to my project, but not file B. Then, file B will be displayed with this blue icon. However, I usually see this icon in the resource manager, not in my project. This helps me to detect possibly broken links.

Maybe this helps a little bit.

Regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may have something to do with it.
My "File A" was placed in Resource Manager and may have had links to other topics that are no longer in Resource Manager. The part that doesn't make sense is....NONE of the topics are in Resource Manager now, so I wonder why RoboHelp needs this reference/icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing the CPD file did it.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhhh, thanks for the additional information!

So I created topic A, then topic B. Then created a link from topic A to topic B. Saved it all, then added topic A to the Resource Manager. The moment topic A was added to the Resource Manager, I saw the icon appear on topic B.

5.png

And, same as you, if I delete topic A from Resource Manager, then unlink it, the icon remains on topic B.

Fun exercise and appreciate the follow up!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp