I posted 9/11/19 (on the old board) about a problem with responsive output removing all parentheses from the output. Additionally, I found that it was removing multiple spaces (like in xml samples and such). I did report a bug to RH, and they had a fix for my by Friday morning. I thought it useful to add this post back to this new forum in case anyone runs into the same issue.
If you've already updated to r9 and have this problem, there is a fix for it. Vivek tried to attach it to the bug, but it wouldn't attach. You'd probably need to email support and they'd send them to you. If you use responsive output and haven't updated, wait a few days. Vivek said they are working on a hotfix and it will be out in two weeks or so.