• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restart Numbering not working

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Rh 2020.4.173.  Previously in older versions of Rh 2020 I could pick the front of my text, go to Properties > General and type in the number I want to restart numbering.

Now iwth version 4, I don't see that option.  In the image below, I have my cursor placed at the beginning of my line of text.restart numbering.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

If you can't see the style property you need, it's usually because the html tag your cursor is inside doesn't support that property. You can use the hierarchy tag breadcrumbs at the top of the topic to select the correct tag. Click on the tag you need, which will select all the content within that tag. In this case click the 'li' which will let you set the numbering.

Amebr_0-1619046885094.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I type just one character and click at the beginning of the text, this is what I see in Properties. I'm not sure where you have clicked to see Span rather than li.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an imported word document that I have cleared the list sytels and imported css. I think this is where 'span' is coming into play.  I can't get it to completely clear out.  I have applied my css and my list style which is a nested numbering system in two different formats. 

First format is like this: 

1 Title Text (Level 1)

body text (Level 2)

2 Title Text (Level 1)

body text (Level 2)

and so forth 3-5 Title Text

then transitions to:

5.1 Title Text (Level 1)

body text (Level 2)

5.1.1 Title Text (Level 3)

body text (Level 4)

5.1.1.1 Title text (Level 5)

body text (Level 6)

the finishes back in the first nested number style with a 

6  Author, Approver, and Revision History

I can clear the list styles and apply the list styles as needed. However, they aren't working the same way as they were in Rh2020 versions 1-3.  Now I can't get the text under 5.1 to tab to get to Level 3 (5.1.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I typed a random letter into the beginning of the Author, Approver... line of text and was able to restart the numbering at 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: In the listed number style:

5.1 Title Text (Level 1)

body text (Level 2)

5.1.1 Title Text (Level 3)

body text (Level 4)

5.1.1.1 Title text (Level 5)

body text (Level 6)

I typed a space into Level 2, hit return and was able to tab the line of text to get 5.1.1 in front of it. 

I don't know if this is how it is supposed to work but it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't see the style property you need, it's usually because the html tag your cursor is inside doesn't support that property. You can use the hierarchy tag breadcrumbs at the top of the topic to select the correct tag. Click on the tag you need, which will select all the content within that tag. In this case click the 'li' which will let you set the numbering.

Amebr_0-1619046885094.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter & Amebr.  Both of your suggestions lead me to be able to work with nesting numbering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp