• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring an accidentally deleted TOC?

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While adding and deleting and moving items from a TOC in RoboHelp 2020, I selected a topic for deleting, and it surprisingly deleted the entire TOC. There was probably a slight lag in my cursor.

I tried Edit > Undo to bring it back, but had no luck. Then I did a search to see if there might have been a previous version of the TOC that was saved somewhere, and there wasn't.

Is there a proper way to restore a TOC in a case like this?  (It's happened a few times today so now I'm doing auto backups of my RoboHelp project every hour LOL)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you click inside the Table of Contents panel before you try Edit > Undo, as the cursor actually flips to the topic if one is open. So the Edit > Undo action will be acting on the topic instead.

If Edit > Undo doesn't work, then a back up or re-creating the toc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. also, my reply assumes you are editing the TOC in the Table of Contents panel, rather than opening the table of contents as a tab in the main editing area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Amebr, I will definitely write that one down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp