• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Review started with update 5 won't open with update 6

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a review for a project about 3 weeks ago. Now that I've received input from the stakeholders, I went to open it in RH, but I'd sinced updated to 2020.6.0, and now the review won't open! I can see the comments, but not the text they're related to. I see the error message:

Could not open file asset://contents/FileNameGoesHere.htm

Is this one of those "gotchas" where you absolutely cannot upgrade the software if you've got a review open? It seems like a huge flaw in the software. Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation? (I was forced to update the project when I opened it in RH update 6.)

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. The RH build is actually 2020.6.76.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not something we can test without removing RoboHelp and going back to Update 5 and even then, the fact that the project has been upgraded means it is not in the same state.

Do you have an Update 5 backup?

I think Support is your best option here. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reset the project by pulling the old from source control, but if that means I have to uninstall RH so I can reinstall to update 5 just to finish up the review, I'll do it. That can't be a real solution, though. Imagine having to uninstall/reinstall for a particular update every time I want to work on a specific project!

I'm seriously rethinking the decision to move to RoboHelp. The frustrations seem endless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarenMinOR Please email me via my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

This issue is not related to RoboHelp's new update. We would like you to check following things:

1. Try and open the review link of your created review in browser. Is it opening fine there?

2. Create a new review in update 6 and check if that is opening fine within RH.

Kindly check these two things and let us know. If needed we will connect over a screenshare call.

Sincere apology for the incovenience caused.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Surbhi. Before I saw your reply, I did the following:

1.  Uninstall RoboHelp.
  2.  Reinstall RoboHelp.
  3.  Apply update 5.

Now the review opens fine, I can see the review topics and the stakeholders' comments.

The project I updated and worked on last week in Update 6 is in limbo now until the reviews I started in Update 5 are finished.

As for your two questions:

1. No. I could access the review link and log in, but there were no topics listed. (My stakeholders were quite confused.)

2. I'm hesitant to reinstall update 6 until the review is done. The project I worked on under update 6 is now in limbo while I wait for the final review comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Can we connect over a screenshare call to look into this?

By RH update there should not be any such impact. Please let me know your availability and I will schedule a call.

Email me at sumahesh@adobe.com 

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, Surbhi. Adobe will investigate the one bug uncovered during our screen share, but you also clarified for me that the Your work | Adobe Creative Cloud site does not display the topics for the review, only the review itself. After deleting the .rh folder, it looks like I can continue the review on Update 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp