• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11 WebHelp - TOC, index, and search do not work in FireFox 35

Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This morning I compiled WebHelp and opened it in FireFox (FF) 35. The left pane with the TOC panel is blank. Index and search are blank, too. This appears to be an issue with FF 35. Help will open in FF 34 without any issues. Help also opens in IE and Chrome without problems. I tested this on multiple machines and both versions of FF. None of my RH or FF settings were changed. The only difference was the FF auto update yesterday.  Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?

Thanks,

Tammy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Just wanted to add a note to this thread. I suddenly started having these issues yesterday
(Mon 26th Jan), where the left pane with TOC, Index, Glossary, Search were not displaying in my local environment and would only work if I put it to a server. I've noted that this is due to the FF upgrade to V35. Thanks Willam for the fix, but for those who are concerned how this 'dirty' fix may affect other areas of RH as it's not been fully tested, I have rolled my version of FF back to 34.0.5 and switched the automatic update of FF off. This has helped with the issues for now until Adobe come up with a permanent fix.

Just thought I'd share this with you in case no one thought of this as an option, especially as it's actually FF that's caused the problems to begin with!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browsers! Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but for those who are concerned how this 'dirty' fix may affect other areas of RH as it's not been fully tested,"

Yeah, you have to keep your eye on those shifty folks like Willam. Heaven only knows what sort of nefarious code he may have inserted! LOL

FWIW, it hit me yesterday and I simply replaced my original copy of the file (after assuaging Windows that I really WAS the owner and the world, in fact, Would NOT end if it let me replace the file!)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust no one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL!   I was merely referring to Willam's comment:

"It's just that I fixed the issue and did a quick test on the WebHelp output and everything seemed to work. I didn't do a complete regression test. Perhaps I broke something else. Probably not, but don't blame me if your custom scripts start falling over ;-)"

No offense was meant. Just thought I would share with the thread an alternative to adding this fix.

To be fair, I now have an old issue occurring with FF where the text being typed on the screen doesn't keep up with my fingers on the keyboard along with a few other problems. It may result in me doing the upgrade again and using Willam's fix after all!

Thank you Willam for your on going help and support. Whenever I need to refer to the forum for some help, your help usually works. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this issue and had good success with Willam's patch (thank you!). But wanted to note that after I patched all of my help outputs, I updated my RoboHelp-- now version 11.0.4.291-- and it appears that Adobe has fixed the problem. Can anybody confirm similar success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH11: Please install patch 11.0.4 and ignore my updated file. Adobe fixed the issue in 11.0.4. The link to the RH11 fix won't work anymore.

RH10: I've updated the RH10 download link to an updated patched file. (It's Adobe's file, but I don't have an official download location yet.)

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have an ETA for an official RH10 patch yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the response I received:

This has not been fixed for RoboHelp 10. We release service packs/patch for the latest version only.

It will be great if you could upgrade to RoboHelp 11. As you are generating WebHelp output, I would like to let you know that in RoboHelp 11, we have incorporated Responsive HTML5 output also. Now, your users will be able to have better access to your output on all the devices i.e. Phone, tablet, desktop.

Looking forward for your continuous support.

Do let me know if I can do any help. Thanks for writing to us.

Your feedback gives us impetus to continue on the right path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they want to continue down the "right path", they should release a patch for RH10.

OK, those of you have installed Willam's patch for RH10, have you encountered any problems?  I've got some virtual test machines set up test the patch against different version of IE and FF, but I'm curious to see if any issues have already been encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my RH10 fix with the official changes from Adobe in RH11. You can get it from here: http://wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a comment- I see the issue in FF 35 and 36, but IE is fine. I am in RH10 and need to generate webhelp. The whutils.js file worked initially with displaying the TOC, Index, and Search field content when in the webhelp folder, but it has not been consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last fix I did (Willam’s unofficial RH10 one – supposedly the same as the official one) is still working with FF36 (just tested).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RH11 fix 11.0.4 seems to have fixed the Firefox issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tammy,

This is an issue with the browser. Its actually not an issue also. To display the TOC, Java plug-in is required in Chrome. This plug-in was by default 'Enabled' in earlier versions of chrome. But now, the default is 'Disabled' in newer versions of Chrome. So it doesn't display the TOC. You have to simply enable Java and then open the Webhlep or any other output type that you generate using the RH11.

Regards

Pallavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pallavi

Are you maybe meaning JavaScript? RoboHelp hasn't used Java in a really long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp