• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 says I need to install Word, but it's already installed. What's up?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running RoboHelp 2015 on Windows 10 (64-bit). I have Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (32-bit) installed on my system. Although Responsive HTML 5 is my project's primary output, I need to output it in Word format so several people can review and mark it up using Word's reviewing tools. (Those folks are not RoboHelp users.) However, when I select the "Printed Documentation" output option, RoboHelp displays this message:

Install Word.PNG

As I said, Word 2016 is already installed on my system. Is RH 2015 not compatible with Word 2016, or is there something I can do to point RH to my copy of Word?

I realize this question has been posted several times in the past, but they are several years old and the fix for my situation may be different now. Thanks for understanding!

Tim Huddleston

Charlotte, NC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got all the RoboHelp patches applied? Necessary for this problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fun little dialog, isn't it? Really? Seriously? A supported version of Word doesn't exist?

Methinks it should read differently. Perhaps saying "A supported version of Word is either not installed or you may need to update RoboHelp."

I might suggest you visit the link below and report this as a bug.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp