• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 Updates Not Installing

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and a coworker both have copies of RH 2015.  An Adobe Support rep recently asked me to install the latest updates to fix an issue I reported.  I am now on version 12.0.4.460.  My co-worker is on 12.0.0.306.  When he clicks File > Help > Updates..., nothing happens.  I saw a "General Discussions" post, suggesting users check to see if an older update program might still exist (RH 7.0.1) and delete it using Add/Remove Programs.  No such programs exist.  Has anyone else had issues with the installer not updating?  If yes, do you know how to resolve this issue?  Thanks.  Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that it matters here but it is fine to have older versions running.

The first thing to check is whether the other person has local admin rights on their machine, they are required for updating.

If that is not the cause, then click here and download the patch to install it. You only need to install Update 4 as it contains all the previous ones.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, sorry for the delay.  My co-worker was able to download the and unzip the files from the link you sent.  When he clicked the icon to install the files, which he tried both by clicking "Open" and by clicking "Run as administrator", nothing happened.  If it matters, he is on Windows 10; I'm on Windows 7.  Here is a screen shot of his current RH 2015 "About" window, which shows that the version number did not update.

RH_2015_about.png

Any suggestions before we request our IT department try uninstalling and reinstalling his software--and do you think uninstalling/reinstalling the software will work?  He's still going to have to update his software for us both to be on the same version of RH 2015.  Thanks.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clicking Run as Administrator will only work if you have admin rights.

My suspicion is what rights your colleague has and if that is the problem, they will be able to uninstall but not reinstall. My next step would be to get an IT person to log onto the machine and install the update. If that works it confirms the problem is with rights and IT can fix that as well.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp