• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 webhelp: print from screen is truncated in Chrome

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Chrome, when I try to print a help topic from the screen (using R click > Print or CTRL+Print), Print Preview opens with all three frames showing and the page cut off more or less where the screen ends. No matter how long the topic is, I get one page with one screen's worth of content in the print preview. If I scroll to the middle of the topic, that's the part that appears on the page in the Print Preview, and when I print, that's all that prints. (It cuts off the TOC too if I have everything expanded past the bottom of the screen).

This does not happen in FF or IE.

I added a Print button in the header, but I would still like to fix this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much to be done as the browser just shows everything. A print button or opening the topic frame separately is your only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. The problem is, the browser doesn't show everything. It only shows what's visible on the screen. When I try to print other websites, the whole topic prints even if take multiple pages.

For example, I can right click and select Print on your desktop version of Blue Ocean in Chrome, and the print preview opens with the topic/content pane, as many pages as it takes, without the navigation.

First Topic

When I do that on my help, it opens with the topic plus table of contents and header navigation, but cuts off at the bottom of the visible screen. Basically, the Print functions as a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it the same if you test one the sample projects?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp