• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Admin portal/console to control what users see

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have yet another question from the PM team. They are happy with the Responsive HTML5 layout and the overall output compared to Web Help.

Because the product is now going to be multi-tenant, the only concern is that different tenants (users) will be accessing different areas of the product based on the license that they have purchased.

Based on that backdrop, is there a mechanism or some kind of admin portal/console possible that allows such a control. I know a Web Help output or a Responsive HTML 5 output does not provide anything like that directly. Any pointers/suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Responsive help can be set up with filters so that only certain topics are seen when a filter is applied. However, the user can select and deselect those filters so you cannot exclude content you don't want them to see.

If you do require that sort of limitation, then you need to generate different outputs. I believe with RoboHelp Server it is possible to set up different areas with restricted access to each but again that requires different outputs. I'm not sure quite how that works as I don't use RoboHelp Server.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp