Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Breadcrumbs show up in new topics and not in existing ones

Participant ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Responsive HTML5 project/output. I have updated the existing master page to insert breadcrumbs.

The existing topics that have the master page applied do not show the breadcrumbs. However, when I create a new topic and apply the master page, the breadcrumbs show up.

Shouldn't existing topics be automatically refreshed if I update the master page?

Any idea what is missing or how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Hi there

When you look at your Master Page in edit view, it should have three main areas. The Body placeholder, a placeholder for the Header and a placeholder for the Footer.

In between each of these areas is an area I call "No Man's Land". You should be able to place your Breadcrumbs placeholder in this area. And once there, it should simply update across all topics using the Master Page.

Snag_1310aa80.png

Have you tried that?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything in the header or footer of a master page does refresh but anything in the body does not. The only way to get breadcrumbs in a master page for a responsive layout is to have the breadcrumbs below the header, hence it does not refresh old topics.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at your Master Page in edit view, it should have three main areas. The Body placeholder, a placeholder for the Header and a placeholder for the Footer.

In between each of these areas is an area I call "No Man's Land". You should be able to place your Breadcrumbs placeholder in this area. And once there, it should simply update across all topics using the Master Page.

Snag_1310aa80.png

Have you tried that?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp