• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Increasing the tri-pane's width in the HTML5 Responsive Layout is painful - How to fix it?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friendly RoboHelpers,

In RH 2017 (13.0.2.334) with a HTML5 Responsive layout, if you decrease the width of the tri-pane border by dragging it to the left (not collapsing it, but dragging it), it drags smoothly and quickly without any issue. But if you try to drag it to the right (to increase the size), you can only drag it a few pixels before the mouse stops dragging. This means to increase the width it requires, multiple minute painful drags (unless you very carefully and slowly drag the mouse to the right).

Here's a brief video that shows what I mean:

https://hexmet-my.sharepoint.om/:v:/g/personal/jared_hess_hexagon_com/EbSuVOFjtdpIjubfAbcQLD0B6qnDAL...

How can I fix this issue so that it's just as "snappy" dragging to the right as it is to the left? If you have RH 2020, do you see this same thing? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that problem in a simple test. Have you tried one of the sample projects to see if they are the same?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. Nice to hear from you.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. Before posting, I tested it also with the Travel the Whirls project using the Charcoal_Grey layout, and it exhibits the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that as well, still no problem locally. Are you testing the generated project or seeing this on a server?

Have you tried different browsers? I'm using Edge.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. Thanks for trying.

Are you using my same RH 2017 version? Or are you using some later classic RH 2020 version where this may have been fixed?

Anyway, I'm viewing the generated HTML5 project from Travel the Whirls on my local file system.

(Ah... I forgot to mention that I'm using FireFox. I tested Chrome and Edge, and I don't see the problem. Maybe the problem is limited to just Firefox.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at that machine now but it has all updates applied and I thought there were only two.

Try a fresh copy of the skin, no customisation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with a different vanilla layout Azure_Blue and I see the same problem in Firefox. Chrome and Edge both work fine.

Do you get the same problem I'm seeing with Firefox on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's a Firefox thing. I see it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I'm curious about RH 2020 and if there's a fix for this there. If you build a Responsive HTML5 project with RH 2020 and run it in Firefox, do you see this same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll be tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charcoal Grey from 2020 works fine, drags either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that Peter. I wonder if I can somehow compare the RH 2020 files to see what the javascript fix would be (I'm assuming it's a js issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send you the 2020 generated output. The javascript is more your area than mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please. That would be helpful. I think you already have my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a download link. Let me know if there is any problem. I will delete it in a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I followed the link you sent, and it looks like you need to give me access. I requested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I tested your files in Firefox and I see the same thing. So RH 2020 has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created this bug report RH-10584 | Tracker (adobe.com) for 2020 but 2017 is out of support so it will not get fixed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I understand that 2017 is no longer supported, but hopefully once it's fixed in 2020, we'll be able to locate the fix by comparing 2017 script files against 2020 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp