• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Opening a page in a new tab makes viewport tag not being set anymore.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was notified by Google about a Mobile Usability Issue for my RH 2017 project (Responsive HTML5 output with Indigo Layout) because viewport tag is not set (for all pages).

If I navigate the TOC, each page is correctly open with the viewport tag set

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=3, user-scalable=yes">, but if I open a page in a new tab, the page is shown as a standalone html page (not in full context), and the viewport tag disappears from html source.
Is there any way in RH 2017 to set viewport tag as default for pages open in new tabs? Or, as an alternative, is it possible to open pages in a new tab, in full context? 
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no automatic way in RH I can think of. You could try adding the viewport tag manually in a test topic and see if it solves the problem for you. If it works you could then do a find and replace on the code to insert the tag in every topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

I'm wondering if is it possible to customize RH to open a page always in full context. This would by-pass the problem with viewport tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if is it possible to customize RH to open a page always in full context. 

Do you mean as if it were in a web browser showing the TOC etc? If so in the skin settings you can turn off responsiveness then you lose the benefit of having a responsive skin.

Is the issue causing a real problem or are you just getting a warning about something that isn't causing your users a problem?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

In my RH project, if  I right-click on a topic in the TOC and select "new tab", the topic is opened in full screen without the side bar with TOC. However, in the header I see " Click here to see this page in full context" and if I click, the side bar with the TOC appears.

So, I'm wondering if I can set  my RH project to always opens topics in full context even in new tabs. This shouldn't affect responsiveness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that is possible in 2017 as that would effectively require a call that opens the topic via the start page, which is not possible from a right click.

In 2019 New UI there is a frameless output works the way you want but that would require an upgrade and there is a learning curve as the UI has changed completely.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply.

I guess the issue raised by Google shouldn't cause real problems to the mobile users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp