• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017: What is the purpose of the exceptions.txt file?

Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that RoboHelp stores custom dictionary terms in the added.txt file in this folder:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\UserDictionaries\RoboHelp Personal Dictionary\en_US

But what is the purpose of the sibling file, exceptions.txt, in the same folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignored words, as in Preferences > Spell Check?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be... but how do ignored words get added in this tab? Mine is grayed out and I don't see any way to add them.

JaredHess_0-1651770509265.png

I know during spell checking when you chose to ignore or ignore all a word, it ends up inside of the xpj file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried an "Ignore All" during a spell check and the word was added into Ignored Words tab. I can't help with anything else. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr. Thanks for sharing.

That is strange. For me when I click Ignore All, it ends up inside the xpj file inside the <ignoredwords> section of the xml.

What RH version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ends up in both places. It's in the xpj and displayed in the ignored words tab. Using 2019 Classic update 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just remembered I have a copy of RH2017 on this computer. It's the same - the <ignored words> section of the xpj is displayed in the Ignored Words tab for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp