• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017: When Spell Checking, how does Skip Topic work?

Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friendly neighborhood RHelpers!

In my current project, I have thousands of help topics to review (spell check) and am trying to understand in detail what happens if I click Skip Topic.

The RH 2017 Help file is a bit on the anemic side IMO, and there's not a lot of detail about what happens to a skipped file.

My questions that I couldn't find after searching the help and this site:

1. Are skipped topics skipped for good or will it cycle through skipped topics again once its done with all the others?
  2. Say I want to skip files temporarily but review them later, how would I do that? Is the list of topics files stored somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

To the best of my knowledge it's a one off skip so run spell check again and a skipped topic should be checked again. Easy enough to test with a simple two topic test project.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge it's a one off skip so run spell check again and a skipped topic should be checked again. Easy enough to test with a simple two topic test project.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I should have done a bit of testing before posting, as I found skipping to be fairly straight forward and that skipped topics are re-included in the mix the next time you choose to spell check all topics.
But hey, now the information is here for the next person who needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp