Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Wide pages in printed documentation

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using RH 2017 for an API reference manual because of its advantage that we can output it as an online help/chm as well as printed documentation from the same source.

I have some sections that have wide tables (with 5 to 6 columns). While it looks fine in the CHM or online help, is it possible to adjust the width or orientation of such pages to landscape, in RH?

So all other sections can be portrait and only the sections with wide tables can be landscape. Is that doable?

If not, any other solution/suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Not from RoboHelp. You would need to generate the document and then play with the section breaks in Word.

Personally I would do everything I could to make the topics work portrait style. Smaller fonts etc.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions on this scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not from RoboHelp. You would need to generate the document and then play with the section breaks in Word.

Personally I would do everything I could to make the topics work portrait style. Smaller fonts etc.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp