Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Classic - Browse for SharePoint locations causes crash

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Using 2019 Classic. On Responsive or Multiscreen output settings, SharePoint tab, if I attempt to choose (Browse) the SharePoint location, RH crashes. Anyone know how to fix/prevent crash? thanks very much! 

RH_output_Settings_SharePoint_location_2020-10-20_16-10-30.jpg

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Sharepoint are you using?

I found this blog post (probably written for RH2017) which suggests you can only publish to on premises Sharepoint 2007, 2010 and 2013. 

https://blog.iconlogic.com/weblog/2018/01/adobe-robohelp-publish-to-sharepoint.html

This page says only Sharepoint 2010 is supported for Classic, although I'm unsure if it's talking about source control, publishing or both.

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/user-guide.html/robohelp/using/rh_system_requirements.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much!
I am using SP 2016.
Do you know, is that what causes the crash?
Would be cool if I could generate native SP output and then attempt a copy. I’ll run a couple more tests.
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(therror displayed is) 

RH_error_frm_brws_2020-10-22_14-37-32.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Sharepoint but I suspect it's likely given the links I posted.

You could try not using the publish function and just tick the Generate Sharepoint Native checkbox to see if that generates the native format. If it does you should be able to manually copy the files up, I would imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used your idea to generate aspx, and I can copy. Will try publishing with 2019, and update this thread with results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp