• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Classic how to show glossary as tooltips in CHM files.

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched a little and found some references on the website of Peter. But it is valid for RH2019 (modern).

I don't see how to define how the glossary is shown in the 'microsoft html help output properties'. (weird sentence :-)). I would like to obtain the effect of hoovering above a word giving an instant translation (from the glossary). In the modern interface, you can choose for expanding text/pop up/tooltip.

Once my project is finished (a few weeks left) I'll probably migrate the most recent version of RH, I suppose it is no problem there. But now I'm using RH2019 Classic.

Best regards

Olivier

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Your options are in the Glossary Hotspot Wizard. Not sure if they work for CHMs. If not, try creating webhelp and then using the script Convert WebHelp to CHM. That sometimes adds functionality not built into CHMs.

gloss hotspot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your options are in the Glossary Hotspot Wizard. Not sure if they work for CHMs. If not, try creating webhelp and then using the script Convert WebHelp to CHM. That sometimes adds functionality not built into CHMs.

gloss hotspot.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter I didn't try the wizard as it was not corresponding to my expectations. But now I did. Indeed the definition appears when clicking on it, besides the original word:

clickedclickednot clickednot clicked

I could not find the way to transform it in a tooltip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the tooltip is a New UI option.

You could try this https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_tooltip.asp but I'm not sure it will work in RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I'll leave it at that. Upgrade to 2020 is the way to go. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that tooltips will work in a CHM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll see! thanks alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp