• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Classic projects compatible with RH 2017 latest release?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Simple question: Can a RH 2017 project (latest release) be imported and edited in RH 2019 Classic, and still work in RH 2017?

I know with past version upgrades, a conversion happened so that it was no longer possible to edit a project with the previous version.Wondering if that is the case with RH 2017 and RH 2019 Classic.

Thanks for info,

Jeanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

You wouldn't be importing it, you would be upgrading it.

There weren't many differences between the two and the chances are it would work. I just opened a very simple 2019 project in 2017 and got no warning.

However, I wouldn't risk it with a live project without a lot of testing and even then, one day you could do something that didn't play nicely cross version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You wouldn't be importing it, you would be upgrading it.

There weren't many differences between the two and the chances are it would work. I just opened a very simple 2019 project in 2017 and got no warning.

However, I wouldn't risk it with a live project without a lot of testing and even then, one day you could do something that didn't play nicely cross version.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp