Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Classic won't generate chm

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to generate a chm file in RH 2019 Classic view. I choose an output location and hit Generate and nothing happens. It says Select Webhelp output SSL but there is nothing in the dropdown to select. This initialization dialog looks different than when I generate chms in my other help files. Please see screenshot below.

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the title of the dialog "Generate CHM from Webhelp". You have opened a script that converts an existing CHM to WebHelp.

Go to the Outputs tab and use the CHM output as you do in your other projects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I see that the chm I chose in output is different than what I used on other help files. But I don't see any other chm choice here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other Help file that I have has the correct chm output for me to use (see image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft HTML is a CHM.

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I found the problem. The chm output is called Microsoft HTML Help in this file. In my other Help file it's called CHM Help file.

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I said. ☺️

You can right click and name it whatever you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp