• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 custom list styles don't work

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded a project from RH 2019 Classic to RH 2019 and I'm having trouble using the custom list styles I created in the CSS. These styles worked perfectly well in RH 2019 Classic, but when I try to apply them in RH 2019 1. the style isn't applied, 2. if I double click the style more than a few times in a row the entire app freezes.

In my CSS file I have a few bullet styles that look like this (for Bullet, Bullet 2, ListNumber1, ListNumber2, etc):

LI.p-Bullet {

list-style: disc outside;

margin-left: 10px;

text-align: left;

background-color: transparent;

margin-top: 5px;

}

p.Bullet {

padding: 0px;

margin-top: 0px;

margin-bottom: 3px;

}

LI.p-Bullet P {

padding: 0px;

margin-top: 0px;

margin-bottom: 3px;

}

I confess to being mystified by why I need 3 styles to do one thing (I'm using a template from a previous project), but in RH 2019 Classic these styles gave me a Bullet paragraph style and a p-Bullet list style.

In RH 2019 Classic (and previous versions of RH) I would write a line of text, double click the p-Bullet list style to apply the style, then double click the Bullet paragraph style to make it look right. But now in RH 2019 that process is causing the issues I mentioned earlier. No list is applied, and the app freezes. Any thoughts as to why?

Additionally, perhaps I'm all wrong in my approach to lists. Is there a simpler way to manage decent-looking lists in RH? I was always trained to use the custom CSS styles from the Style pod, but maybe I should just use the RH formatting bar's Multilist styles?

A bit more background: this project was migrated from FM7 to RH 2019 Classic (and others will be in the future), so if anyone has a simple way to manage the migration and further manipulation of lists, I'm all ears!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a project that dates back to a much earlier version of RoboHelp, perhaps pre RoboHelp 8?

If you create a project in 2019 Classic not using your CSS, does that upgrade OK?

Have you applied the updates to 2019?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having these issues too.  Did you resolve the custom bullet issue?  I'm using a png as my bullet.  Looks great in the project, but viewing the topic and output, it just uses the basic bullet.  I'm I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nikki What version of RoboHelp are you using?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new project in 2019 or an upgrade? If the latter, what from?

Have you tried more than one browser?

Does it occur if you create a new project?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project created in RH2019 Classic. Happens in the Viewer, in Chrome and in IE.  Everything was created in 2019.

Have just created a new project and created a new list style with a png, it worked in View and View in Chrome.  However, if I generate the output, it displays as a basic bullet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your project and are you generating to the same drive?

What type of help are you generating?

I just created a new project, set up a single level bullet style with an image that shows fine in source, in FF, Chrome and IE with WebHelp and the Azure Blue skin for responsive.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried alsorts of different things.

Project on local drive, output to different folder on local drive and to same folder on local drive.

Project on the network, output to different folder on the network.

I've generated webhelp using the default skin and responsive using Azure Blue, also used my own customised responsive.

I changed the image I was using and it worked, but then changed to another one and it didn't, but all png files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you know how those images were created. Maybe there are technical differences but if that is the cause, then I don't know the answer. Have you tried saving the non working PNG as a JPG and then back? It might make the difference.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you find the bullet image in the project manager pod? If you can't find it anywhere in the project manager pod, then that would explain why it doesn't work in the output; RH doesn't know the image exists.

If you select the bullet image using the stylesheet editor dialog box in Robohelp, the image should be pulled in to the project and you should be able to see the image within Robohelp. But it's possible a temporary glitch could stop RH from correctly copying the image into the project.

However, if you edit the stylesheet in a text editor and type a relative path to an image outside your project, Robohelp will not pull in the image. It will look fine in the editor, because the path is correct, but once generated the path to the image will be incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also upgraded from RH Classic 2019 to RH 2019, facing following issues:

• When I apply the existing bullet style to the text, it applies a numbering style.
  • Dropdown hotspot does not display after the line but after a few lines.
  • Few places extra bullets are added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH2019? Is it all up to date? If you create a new project in RH2019 (new style version), does it behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is RH 2019 up to date version. The existing styles especially bullets and numbering does not work as expected also there is alteration in dropdown hotspot behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By Up to Date, do you mean Update 7?

I have seen the same but not had the chance to find out why. Try selecting the list and removing the list style and whilst still selected, click the Remove Formatting icon in the Properties > General tab.

Also create a new project if you did not have Update 7 applied at the time of updating your project. Grab the CSS from that and put it into your existing project. Try with that CSS. It won't have the styles you want but it will help tracking the problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Peter, it is update 7. Have also tried another solution removing formatting and then applying the style.

I am already experimenting by creating a new project and i think I need to update my existing styles by observing the Sample project styles pattern.

Just now, I came across another problem, that is, Save All (Ctrl + S) does not work as expected intermittently. I need to save files individually.

Also I am fixing the Dropdown hotspot behaviors in all places because the dropdown content gets displayed after 3-4 following lines after the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That problem is in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample CSS.

To save a specific topic, look at the File menu. There's a keyboard shortcut.

On dropdowns, I just tried in a new project and they are OK so maybe that's another CSS issue?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample CSS was the style li.Standard_Bullet.

In 2019 it needs to be

ul.Standard_Bullet {

list-style: disc;

}

ul.Standard_Bullet>li {

font-family: Verdana;

font-size: 10pt;

margin-top: 10px;

margin-bottom: 10px;

}

It upgrades OK with Update 8 applied. I think the problem was that it did not upgrade properly before.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp