Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Dynamic Content Filtering Combinations and Exclude Content

Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I already posted this question yesterday, but I can no longer find my post, so maybe it got lost. If it is still there, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the output using dynamic filters I have a question. I have racked my brain without getting an idea.

As far as I understand it, dynamic filters work like this:
- when a filter is set, all other tags are excluded from the view
- everything without any tag is displayed
- everything with the selected tag is displayed

1. Thus, it seems not to be possible to use additional internal tags like "tbd" or "to do" or something without using these tags in the output, because then, the respective topics containing these tags will never be displayed. Correct? Or am I doing it wrong somehow?

2. I am trying to create a merged project containing conditional tags on content level and on topic level. Example: I am having topics for several countries US, UK, DE (= conditional tags on topic level) and in each of these topics, I am having different licensing information "perpetual", "subscription" (= conditional tags on content level). Is it possible to create an output with dynamic filters that allows the user to a) see all perpetual licensing information for all countries, b) see all perpetual licensing information for US only, c) never see perpetual AND subscription licensing info? I have tried to include a condition expression into the dynamic filter, but that seems not to be possible. Is there any way to accomplish my example?

As far as I can grab this, solution would be to include condition expressions into the dynamic filtering, which is not possible with the current version. So, I'll have to rise a feature request for that. But I have the feeling that I am not fully understanding the whole thing and missing something ...

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks and best regards
Karin

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin,

I can't answer your question right now, but just want to assure you you're not crazy. Any content posted on the old forum from August 22 until yesterday has not been copied to the new forums. This includes new discussions and replies to existing discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see when a filter is applied is based on the tags in the filter rather than all the tags in the project.

Thus with F, DE, UK and US in the project but only DE, UK and US in the filter group and the filter set to only show the selected filter and DE is selected, you will see DE, F and anything untagged. F appears because although that tag is applied to a topic, it is not in the filter group.

Set up a four topic project where it's easy to see that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How am I able to flag this answer as correct? Cannot find anything like this in the new forum ... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification, Peter! I will run a couple of additional tests with small sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@karin, there are a few bugs at the moment. A moderator might be able to mark as correct otherwise hopefully it'll be fixed in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp