Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Frameless output issue - links to bookmarks in table cells jump to top

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with Frameless output in RoboHelp 2019.

I have a project with bookmarks inside a table cell. Example: 

<tr><td><p><a id="bookmark"></a>Text</p></td></tr>

In previous verions of RoboHelp, links to these bookmarks worked as expected: the page would load and position to the the correct table row/cell with the bookmark.

In the new Frameless output, links now go to the top of the page. It looks like the bookmark actually does load correctly, but then the outer areas for the ToC/mini-ToC loads and the page "jumps" back to the top page. This is an issue as we have several "index" pages that deep link into other pages.

Is there a solution to make the links work as in previous versions? The workaround I found is to move the bookmark to a paragraph or text outside the table, but this makes the reader then scroll down further into the table instead of directly to the information.

I have tested this both in my project and the sample Thanks a Latte project to verify that it's not an issue with our project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found in a test sounds the same. You click the link, the screen jumps a bit but leaves you where you were. Correct?

After it has done that, click the link again and I found the link then works. I know that's not right but please verify that first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if "Thanks a Latte" was deliberate or a typo, but it made me laugh. 🙂

(Possibly it's the current virus lockup situation making me a bit giddy.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just found this thread from earlier in the year as I've just encountered the same issue with bookmarks in tables in the Frameless output. I've updated RH 2019 to version 14 but the problem persists. Repeatedly clicking on the link as Peter suggests doesn't seem to help (the link and the bookmark are in separate topics in my project). Was a solution ever found for this issue please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the issue had been fixed. You can see the fixed bugs in this page. Issues fixed in Adobe RoboHelp

Maybe the issue is Fm and the version you are on. I suspect Jeff is on holiday so you may want to try Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm around - I didn't think Framemaker was involved in this one - it was all about the new Frameless output preset, AFAIK...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My error. I'll take another look in the morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robertp10792544 - just for a laugh, did you try another output preset & see the same effect in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue here is that it has been fixed in 2020.

If you have a subscription rather than a perpetual licence for 2019, you can upgrade at no cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter, much obliged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp