• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Glossary Wizard

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to setup a Glossary in my project. I have the terms setup in glossary but cannot find the Glossary Wizard so i can autogenerate / populate the Glossary and index.

Is it still in RH 2019?

Also - is RH 2020 only for MAC? When i look at Updates on 2019 is says i am current at version .14

?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help you on the Glossary Wizard, but RH2020 comes in both Windows & Mac versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any mention of wizards in Peter's Robohelp Tour for RH2019 New UI so it looks like it's only available in Classic. 

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/introduction/introduction.htm

There is a script to convert glossary terms in topics to hotspots, but it appears to be an all or nothing thing, with every instance converted, rather than the finer grained options in the Classic wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 is an upgrade rather than an update. It is now subscription only. If you are already on a plan you will need to subscribe. If you are on a plan, you just need to download and install it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats - I was just looking for that wizard, too.

So the decision is whether to use the script and remove all the extra links, or do it yourself and add all the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or find a friendly developer to figure out Adobe's new scripting and re-create the old indexing wizard. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/toc_index_glossary/rh2019_glossary.htmexplains how Glossaries work in 2019. There is also a link to the Scripts topic but, as Amber has said, it's all or nothing. I never use the wizard, was that any different?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber, I might have a developer who can take a look at that script. Thanks for the suggestion!

Peter, the wizard gives you an option to tag only the first use of the term in a topic, rather than every use everywhere.

Thanks, everyone!

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Someone said a few years back now, every topic is the first topic, you never know where the user is going to start other than the default topic. Even then with CSH they might not start there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp