Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 New DOCX output not working with some projects

Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was very happy to detect the new option to generate a docx-output in the current update. However, this is not working for any of my projects. I tried with the sample project, there it works fine. I tried with 3 projects of different size, there, it doesn't work. After a couple of lines of updated files, I get the error message: 

Error:

Unhandled

Should not have a unit with more than one term

Error: See log for details

Error: Failed to generate Word

In another project (more complex) I get this error message very shortly after starting the output when trying to update the first file:

Error: 

Unhandled

System.NullReference

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I checked this directory for more details, but it is empty: AppData\Roaming\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\logs

Any ideas where I should start looking for the cause of the problem?

Thanks and best regards

Karin

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lord, I hate that object reference error from when I used Flare. It basically translates to "A thing happened". :S

It's probably not the issue, but I think I remember seeing an issue for pdf generation in Update 8 where some files necessary for the output weren't correctly copied to existing projects. Perhaps trying creating a new project and checking what files are automatically added, such as master pages and css, specifically for Word output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I could not directly see any difference in the files. However, I made some progress nevertheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I could not detect any difference between the automatically generated files. However, I made some progress with the other error "Should not have a unit with more than one term". The problem seems to be an invisible table style. I have no idea why this should be the case, but no table style works, a table style with frames work, both of my invisible styles cause this error. I will update any further results I may find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem \o/. There was line in my table css saying "border-spacing: 0pt 0pt;" which caused the problem. Still don't understand it, but it works if I remove this line from my css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even found the cause of the object reference error: I don't know how my styles got messed up like this, I have no idea about css at all, but: this line in the source code causes the error:

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="invNew" style="border-collapse:collapse;border-width:1px;border-style:none;border-color:rgba(0,0,0,0)" width="700 px">

The actual problem seems to be the inline style "border-color:rgba(0,0,0,0)

If I delete this part, the output works.

As my other answer regarding the error Should not have a unit with more than one term is a bit hidden, I copied it here again:

Found the problem \o/. There was line in my table css saying "border-spacing: 0pt 0pt;" which caused the problem. Still don't understand it, but it works if I remove this line from my css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update on this issue for today: After removing the respective lines from all my topics, I was able to create the Word file. However, it cannot be opened in Word, Word states, the file is broken. Even using the draft modus of Word didn't help. I could open the file in Libre Office though, save a copy of it and then open this copy in Word.

Over and out for the weekend

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention what version of RH2019 you're running - make sure you've applied all the current updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, I thought it was clear that I am running update 9, as the Word output is only available since then. So, running RH 2019 new UI update 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp