• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 PDF Output - no cover page or master page

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to generate PDF output from RH 2019.

I've configured a Cover Page and a Master Page in the Printed Documentation output settings, but when I generate and view the PDF, there is no cover page and the topics don't use the correct master page.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic or new UI?

Have you applied Update 3?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I originally made this post I had not yet installed Update 3, but I then did install Update 3 after your suggestion.

Now after upgrading, I can't generate the printed output at all. I get the following error: Failed to combine files into PDF.

So, now I'm at more of a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more testing... Deleted the preset and then created a new PDF output preset from scratch. If I don't make any changes, the output generates fine. If I do make a change (say define a Cover Page or deselect Include Index) it fails with that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More testing... basically went through and configured every option individually and combined.

The issue seems to be with the Cover Page and Include Index options.

If I define a Cover Page, the build fails. If I leave Cover Page blank, the build is successful.

If I deselect Include Index the build fails. If I select Include Index the build id successful.

This isn't ideal, but I can use Acrobat to manually add a cover page and remove the blank Index page. It does seem like some kind of bug (unless I'm missing something).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mikel60656858​

would it be possible to share a sample project file with this issue at amisingh@adobe.com so we can look into this.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp