• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Responsive HTML5 Screen Layouts

Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm currently running RH 2017 and generating Responsive HTML5 output. The included screen layouts (e.g., Azure Blue, Charcoal Gray) are IMO, a little dated, even with customization, so I'm looking for some that are more modern/attractive. Hence, I'm curious what new Responsive HTML5 layouts are included in RH 2019, what they look like, and whether they can also be used with RH 2019 Classic and/or RH 2017. Here's an example that I think shows promise (from the RH 2019 brochure) of what I mean when I say modern/attractive. I *could* install the demo/trial, but I'm attending Adobe's workshop at the STC Summit next week so I want to hold off on starting the trial clock until right before that. With that in mind, can someone provide a list of all Responsive HTML5 screen layouts included, and also screen shots of them in generated output? TIA!

rh2019layout.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

I talked to Adobe at the STC Summit conference in Denver. The next update (#8 - next month, I believe) is slated to include a new HTML5 Responsive frameless layout. I got to see a preview. It looks slick! Better, IMO, than the screen shot in my original post (taken from the announcement PDF) here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing new yet so talk to the Adobe people about what you would like to see. Customisation is a lot more comprehensive but I don't think that's what you are looking for.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I could've sworn I saw something somewhere indicating that at least one new Responsive HTML5 layout (in addition to Azure Blue and Charcoal Gray) was released with RH 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indigo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a red/green but it is essentially a tripane appearance and nothing like what you are looking for. Indigo is already in 2017.

I have no idea how the photos were created for the brochure.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew there was a new one - Coffee (see below, April update announcement). Also, it appears there were some changes to the others. Would love to see examples/screen shots of output created with each.

Skin enhancements

The Indigo skin now contains three custom buttons—Remove Highlight, Expand All, and Print. You can also add more custom buttons. When scrolling through a large topic, you can now use the back-to-top functionality in the Indigo skin. You can also customize the size of the logo and the font of the title in the Title bar in all skins.

A Coffee skin is now added to the skin gallery. The Charcoal Grey skin is revamped to RoboHelp 2019 structure. Except for the Coffee skin, all skins are now 508-compliant. Several other issues are fixed in all skins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

skins.png

There's a complete list of skins with a preview of Coffee. Sorry I had forgotten that one. As you can see, it is a customised version of Indigo.

The others are essentially the same as in 2017 but with some additional icons with functionality such as show/hide all dropdowns/expanding text. The icons are alongside the icons you see in 2017 and are similar in appearance. Technically they are very different and cannot be used in Classic versions.

To get back to the original question, there is nothing radically different in appearance yet. Was the image in your first post in this thread touted as being a new skin or was it just some design for a brochure cover?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup...

So to confirm, the mono-pane layout example on the device screens in my initial post (from the RH2019 brochure) isn't included in RH2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call. I forgot about Indigo. Was thinking it was sunset, but that was Ocean.

So, were the examples in the product brochure created with the Indigo layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing!

It appears on page 4 of the RoboHelp 2019 brochure, accessible from Adobe's website here: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/robohelp/robohelp_2019/pdf/RH_Brochure.pdf 

rh2019layoutpage4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The headings on that image look more like a web page. I think you need to

take that up with Adobe at the conference.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reaction from Adobe in this regard?

I'm working on a Proof of Concept right now, trying to convince our Board to switch some of our documentations from FrameMaker-generated output to RoboHelp content. I would have to spend some hours hacking the "Coffee" skin to look a little bit more like a real Help Center website if there's no silver lining to get a skin like the one in the ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I talked to Adobe at the STC Summit conference in Denver. The next update (#8 - next month, I believe) is slated to include a new HTML5 Responsive frameless layout. I got to see a preview. It looks slick! Better, IMO, than the screen shot in my original post (taken from the announcement PDF) here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I was curious to see how they worked - and excited that the functionality was apparently built in to an included skin/layout. I could probably hack in a horizontal menu bar, but the rest of my team would kill me.

I'll talk to Adobe at the conference. Thanks again for all the feedback, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the way RH 2019 (New) works, the skins aren't hackable the way they were in previous versions. There is no underlying xml/html (plain text) template to access. The customisation options Adobe gives you in the interface is it. Possibly there are a few things you can do by including custom scripts, but I suspect what you can achieve will be fairly limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... "...aren't hackable the way they were in previous versions." So that's a bummer - for me at least. My co-workers will probably appreciate it though. I'll be installing the 30-day trial version later this week before heading to the Adobe workshop. Looks like I'll have a better understanding/feel for what we can do once I start playing around with it.

Thanks for the input, Amebr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp