• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 : Table width doesn't apply

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if it is possible to specify the width of a table in a Table style in the css.  I see that it is possible to specify it in the table properties of a specific table but in the style I tried the Layout tab but it doesn’t seem to work. In the Preview you can see the width of the table decreasing or increasing according to the specified width but when I apply the style to a table, the width is not applied.

Lise21781441aydz_0-1637328060316.pngLise21781441aydz_1-1637328088332.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same in 2019 and 2020. The process to add a table is to insert from the menu and then apply the style. The width before you apply the style is set to 100% and that doesn't get overwritten.

The workaround is to go into the source code and change the width there as that works.

I will take this up with Adobe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Peter, 

Thank you very much!  This is what I did. I added the table from the menu and then assigned the table style.  All other attributes are assigned to the table except the width.  So thank you for reporting the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another workaround is to select the inserted table in the breadcrums and click "Clear Formatting" in the content properties before assigning your table style. This way, you don't need to switch into the source code.

KarinAlbrecht_0-1637735288051.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp