• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Version Control

Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! We currently have 4 writers who run RH 2017 on their dedicated PCs. Our version control solution is provided by RoboSource Control 3.1, which connects to MS SQL Server 2005 + databases.

Our writers aren't technical people. So what we like about our current solution is that they just start editing a topic and it auto-checks itself out (and any related files required) and locks it until they check it in - and we don't have to worry or deal with merging different versions of project files.

I'm now evaluating RH 2019 (new), and curious whether any of the currently supported source control solutions (GIT, SharePoint online, else?) support a process (auto-check out, lock file(s), check in, and no merge required) our writers are used to. I'm not familiar with those solutions/products (our company does have SharePoint online), but I know RSC 3.1 isn't supported.

Finally, I'm attending STC's Summit next week so if one of the forum mods reads this, it'd be nice if I could see some of these different solutions demo'd (either at Adobe's booth or the tech comm workshop on Sunday).

TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?