• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020.3.32 cant move topics in a TOC using drag and drop upon upgrading to 2020.3.32

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to RH 2020.3.32 and now, in either new or existing projects that have been upgraded, I can no longer reorder topics in a TOC using drag and drop:

joannah98656944_0-1607953910923.png

joannah98656944_1-1607954099697.png

Has something changed? Has anyone else noticed this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem I have encountered or seen reported. There should be some dotted lines as you drag and drop, maybe not showing in a screenshot.

It shouldn't be necessary but have you rebooted since updating?

Same in the About RoboHelp sample project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. It was present also in the last version (2020 2.whatever was the latest before 3.32).

I upgraded last night, and the computer has been off since then, so I certainly rebooted 🙂

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can you move the items using the arrow keys? I realise that's not ideal, I'm just trying to ascertain what you can and can't do.
  2. Can you drag new items from the contents panel.
  3. If you create a new TOC can you drag and drop there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I can move them using the arrow menu.

I can't drag them in from the Topic List, which I could yesterday.

A new TOC doesn't have the functionality.

New projects are also affected for me (I happened to have one open!)

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell from the screenshots whether you are editing in the TOC panel or the authoring area. The former has been blocked for technical reasons. Open the TOC in the authoring area and you should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a TOC authoring panel????????

Ok, I've got it. Double-click on the TOC and it opens in the area that you edit topics.

I've been using this version for two days now, and I'm already baffled how they came up with such an awful UI. Intuative it is not.

And yes, it works for me.

HelpDragoncity_0-1608024228720.png

Thanks Peter, I would have never got that, as each time I clicked on the TOC, it opened out the TOC underneath.

Doubling cliking, who would have thought it?

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be correct there's an authoring area that is multi-purpose. You can also use the menu on the TOC name bar and select Edit.

I disagree that the UI is unintuitive. It's very different and takes some getting used to. After a while though it all falls into place. Take a look at the About RoboHelp sample project or the RoboHelp Tour on my site. It's all explained there.

I didn't like this UI much at first but now I hate it if I have to go back and work on a project in a Classic version for some reason. You then realise it wasn't really intuitive, it was just familiar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps. 

But as I'm stuck with using both for the forseable future, I'll just have to see. At the moment I've spent hours of my life tyring to get a TOC in to a PDF with no luck. But I'll start anohter thread on that when I get fed up of going in circles. (And yes, I've downloaded your sample).

Thanks for at least giving me 10% less frustration today!

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp